Search This Blog

Don't Miss A Post!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Organic Products for Your Body & Your Home

Organic Products for Your Body & Your Home
Products that are so natural, you can eat them!

Grab My Button!

Photobucket
Business 2 Blogger

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Master Cleanse – Mid Week

As you know if you’ve been reading my blog, I’ve been doing the Master Cleanse this week.  It is a fast that entails you drinking a mixture of water, lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper.

 

I updated you all on the first couple days of my fast and then I neglected you all.  I know you’ve been losing sleep wondering how my fast has been going… did I quit?… how do I feel?… so many questions keeping you up at night…

 

Well, first of all, yes I am still on the fast and I feel great!

 

On day 3, we went to a friends house.   A few close friends had run a 5K that morning and were having a gathering afterwards to eat and socialize.  My best friends grandpa was going to be there, whom I haven’t seen in 9 years, as well as her parents, whom I also haven’t seen in a long time (not as long as 9 years, but still a long time)… so I really wanted to go.  Of course, I wanted to see everyone else, but Grandpa (I call my best friend’s grandpa, Grandpa) lives in New Mexico, so I had to see him now or wait until the next trip!  Annnnnyway, so we went to the family’s house.  There was sooooo much food.  Somehow, it didn’t bother me at all.  I drank my lemonade, and I was fine.  Now, that being said, I drank more that day than any other day.  I think seeing all the food, just made me want to drink more.

 

We didn’t drink the tea that morning either, because we didn’t want to have to be using the bathroom in someone else’s house.  We did drink it that night though.

 

On day 4, we drank the tea again, and consequently, decided to skip church since we weren’t sure how our bodies would react to the tea.  It ended up we were fine and probably could have gone, but I guess better safe than sorry?  We just hang out at the house and the day went well.  Nothing really to report.

 

On day 5, Hubby had to go to work and the kids and I had to go to our home school school, so we opted not to drink the tea again.  I took 80 oz. of lemonade with me to school.  By the time we were leaving at 4pm, it was gone.  Again, I think having to watch other people eat and smelling food all day, made me want to drink more.  Basically, I’m smelling food and now my body thinks it’s going to get food, so it does all the things a body normally does when it smells food, therefore making me feel hungry.  Again, I didn’t emotionally mind watching people eat, it just made me drink more.  Not a bad thing, I guess.

 

I did drink the tea at the end of day 5, since I was just going to be home with the kids the next day.

 

Alrighty….  that’s my mid week update!

 

I also wanted to tell you all that I spoke with a couple of friends at school yesterday that have both done the fast and they gave me some advice.  In the book, it is suggested that you drink a saltwater mixture in the morning, lemonade the rest of the day and then the herbal laxative tea at night before you go to bed.  It says the saltwater thing is just a suggestion and that you could just do the tea morning and night.  Saltwater is disgusting to me, so I opted to just do the tea morning and night (or not at all. lol).  My friends say that the saltwater flush is crucial and that I really need to do it in the mornings.  They both said that if I drink the saltwater as soon as I wake up in the morning, that I don’t have to worry about where I will be, or what I will be doing, because my body will be done eliminating within an hour. (sorry if that is tmi)  That sounds good to me, but I am not looking forward to drinking it!  I will try that on day 7 (I’m writing this on day 6, and the day is half over, so I can’t do it today).

 

Okay girls and boys, that’s all for my Master Cleanse update. Thanks for reading if you actually made all the way to the end!  Have a great day!

No comments: